Hello bra sewing friends. This one will be short and sweet.
I have been working on my bralette pattern from House Morrighan (Poppy) since last August. Ever since I saw Monica’s from Bravobella bras class about adding support to bralettes I was obsessed with getting a pattern to give me more support.
I am happy to report that I succeeded following the tips from Monica. In short (because I do not want to give away Monicas content for free), I narrowed the cradle, removed the “longline” feature, added projection and reduced the height of the cups.
For this whole fitting experience I used stretch laces I already had, lined the cups with 15 Denier (from BWear), the cradle with stable lining and used leftover elastics I had. The goal was really to use up any material I had to finally make a dent into my substantial bramaking stuff.
The laces I used reminded me of the ocean. So without much further ado let me introduce you to my three ocean themed poppy bralettes.
So, basically it’s always the same bra underneath cups out of 15 denier, cradle out of sheer cuplining, back made of powernet. This way my alterations are “translatable” to future makes. I use this technique in regular bras as well. This way I do not have to adjust for different amount of stretch…