Who doesn’t remember Titanic? While my peers saw the movie over and over and over again when I was a teenager, I saw it once at the cinema and once later on. It probably makes me unpopular but I did not like the Jack/Rose story but rather the special effects and the costumes. Anyway, the most iconic scene in my opinion is Rose’s entrance in the crisp white dress/suit with her large purple hat.
This moment in the movie was the idea that inspired this bra. I opted to take each element of the dress (buttons, lapels, stripes, purple, belt) and transform it to a bra. While I was working on this design (well the design was worked out back in April but you know what I mean) Jennie from Annie and Myras presented a similar piece. A stunning red collared bra that reminded her of Charlize Theron. I absolutely adore it, you should definitely check it out on her instagram here (btw there is a tutorial of her lapel bra in her stories).
For my rendition of Titanic I chose the Labellum Bra by LillypaDesigns and added the lapel to the upper cup piece. I designed a facing and a lining piece that are visible at the top (folded to the outside).
Here is a list of the materials I used (the link will take you directly to the item):
- Sheer cup lining, white: BWear
- Duoplex, purple: BWear (not in stock)
- White Pinstripe Shirting: Etsy
- Powernet, white: BWear
- Band Elastic, 20mm, white: Local Seller
- Underarm Elastic, 12mm, white: BWear
- Channelling, white: BWear
- White strap elastic, 15mm: BWear
- Rings and sliders, white, 15mm: BWear
- Hook and eye closure 3h 3b: Deine Dessous
- Underwires, Regular 48: BWear
Here are a few detail shots.
I hope you like it! Take care