Here is my next installment of the Movie Bra Series. To be honest I only saw Black Swan twice because it was such dark material (I know I know that’t rich coming for someone who watches true crime all the time). But Natalie Portman’s performance impressed me so much that the movie just always “stayed with me”.
Anyway, I knew I wanted to do the movie justice and doing something with feathers was a given. So my eye was drawn to the Fenway Bra pattern by Orange Lingerie.
I used sheer cuplining to make the upper cup and some stretch mesh and cut and sew foam to make the lower cup. The bridge and side panel is made out of black duoplex and the back band is made with powernet.
I planned to attach the feathers with hot glue so I needed a base that the glue could “hold on to” and I hoped the structure of the stretch mesh would provide this (spoiler altert: it did!)
Here is a list of the materials I used (the link will take you directly to the product):
- White Lining: BWear
- Black Strech Mesh: Local Seller
- Black Cut and Sew foam: Local seller
- Black Underbust Elastic: BWear
- Black Underarm Elastic: Can’t remember sorry.
- Black Brachannelling: BWear
- Stretch Powernet: Local seller
- Black Duoplex: Emerald Erin
- Black Rings: Plastic, local seller
- White Foldover Elastic: Local seller
- White Sliders, 15mm: BWear
- White Strap Elastic, 15mm: BWear
- Black Strap Elastic, 15mm: BWear
- Black Closure: BWear
- Feathers: Local craft store
I found it very hard to take a decent picture of this bra which was doing the subtle ethereal beauty justice. Here are some of my favorite shots of the finished product…